If you are planning to be driving in, out, and around KL city this weekend, especially between the hours of 2.45am to 11.30am, you’ll wanna take note of this.
The Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2019 will be taking place this Saturday and Sunday (Sept 28 & 29) and will result in the road closure of 28 roads in KL.
The roads are scheduled to close between 2.45am until 11.30am on both days.
The affected roads are:
- Jalan Raja (Dataran Merdeka)
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Rahman
- Jalan Sultan Ismail
- Jalan Ampang
- Jalan P. Ramlee
- Jalan Raja Chulan
- Jalan Bukit Bintang
- Jalan Tun Abdul Razak
- Ampang-Kuala Lumpur Elevated Highway (AKLEH)
- Duta-Ulu Klang Expressway (DUKE)
- Jalan Kuching (from Selayang)
- Jalan Tuanku Abdul Halim (Duta)
- Jalan Raja Muda Abdul Aziz (Kuala Lumpur Hospital
- Jalan Raja Abdullah (Kampung Baru)
- Jalan Langgak Tunku
- Jalan Dang Wangi
- Jalan Tunku
- Jalan Tun Ismail
- Jalan Dato Onn
- Jalan Sultan Salahuddin
- Jalan Parlimen
- Jalan Damansara
- Lebuhraya Sultan Iskandar
- Jalan Kinabalu
- Bulatan Sultan Hishamudin
- Jalan Cendrawasih
- Jalan Kampung Pandan
- Jalan Pahang.
For a better idea of exactly where the roads will be closed off, you can check out the maps for the marathon routes here.
Be sure to plan your journey around the road closure to avoid getting stuck in impossible traffic in KL on a weekend!
Starving forensic investigator turned writer cause she couldn’t find a job. Used to search for killers now searches for killer stories.