Guess you donâ€™t need to go Terengganu for keropok lekor now because all you need is a packet of Mi sedaap!
Plus, an egg, a sprinkle of some tapioca flour and voila!
Recently, a Facebook user shared their Keropok Lekor hack made through 8 easy steps where Mi sedaap was used as the main ingredient.
Here’s how you can make it:
1. Boil mee as per usual.
2. With a pestle and mortar, pound the boiled noodle.
3. Add the prepacked seasoning with an egg and mix thoroughly.
4. Slowly add about a ladle full of tapioca powder till the mixture becomes a ball of dough.
5. Roll the dough out into 4 long equal parts.
6. Proceed to boil the dough in boiling water
7. Cut the dough into small pieces, each about half an inch thickness
8. Finally, fry to a golden crisp!
Naturally, the internet is divided, with some looking forward to this clever recipe; tagging their friends to try it out in hostels.
However, some are doubting its taste, questioning what the â€œkeropok lekorâ€ would taste like.
Some though, feel this recipe is a waste of time.
Especially when you can easily get ready made keropok lekor by the roadside.
We havenâ€™t tried it yet so we can’t say for sure if it’ll turn out well.