fbpx

MALACCA, Feb 8, 2016:

As of noon today, the number of flood victims in the state dropped to 3,951 from 887 families compared with 4,600 from 1,005 families at 8am.

Malacca Civil Defence Department director Lt Kol (CD) Effendy Ali said there were currently only 11 active evacuation centres of which six were in Melaka Tengah and five in Alor Gajah, while all the centres in Jasin had been closed.

He said 3,020 victims from 669 families had been placed at the evacuation centres in Melaka Tengah and 931 from 218 families at the centres in Alor Gajah.

He said the two centres in Jasin – Sekolah Kebangsaan Chohong and Sekolah Menengah Kebangsaan Simpang Bekoh were closed at 9 am today.

“With the closure of all the evacuation centres in Jasin, as at noon today, there are no more flood victims who had been evacuated.”

Related Posts

Related Posts

Related Posts

Next Post