fbpx

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 2, 2016:

Amid speculation as to exactly why Swiss authorities have begun a probe into claims that up to US$4 billion (RM16.8 billion) could have been stolen from 1Malaysia Development Bhd (1MDB), the Swiss attorney general has categorically said the probe does not include Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak.

“In the ongoing criminal proceeding of the OAG, Mr. Najib Razak is not one of the public officials under accusation,” Andre Marty, the spokesman for the Office of the Attorney-General in Switzerland, told the Nikkei Asian Review.

Marty added that the phrase “persons unknown” in Swiss law refers to criminal proceedings where there is a reasonable suspicion that an offence has been committed, but the accused is not known.

The Swiss AG had earlier reportedly said that “criminal proceedings opened on 14th August 2015 against two former officials of the Malaysian state-owned fund 1MDB and persons unknown.”

Related Posts

Related Posts


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Module/ModuleViewAbstract.php on line 355

Related Posts

Next Post