fbpx

KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 1, 2016:

PKR member Badrul Hisham Shaharin, better known as Chegubard, has revealed that the administration of Selangor Menteri Besar, Datuk Seri Mohamed Azmin Ali, is undertaking a RM32.4 million project to replace Masjid Negeri Selangor’s dome.

He wrote in his blog that the amount involved was too much and should not be approved in the 2016 State Budget.

“The project will begin in late March or early April with a value of RM32.4 million.

“I would like to stress that it is a waste and not a pressing need which justifies such high spending especially given the current situation.

“Will the project be justified on grounds that the funds come from donations? Is it requested by the Palace and hence unavoidable? Or will Azmin, a PAS ally, divert the issue Umno-style by saying that it concerns religion in Selangor,” he said.

Chegubard also explained that the project would be a waste of money as there were many more infrastructure matters not solved by Azmin.

These included roads which were said to be in such poor condition that they posed a danger to users, he said.

“Many other needs should take precedence in the state.

“If the state government is attentive to the development of human capital or education as espoused by Islam, the RM32.4 million should be given to educational institutions under the state such as Unisel.

“With that amount of money it is even possible to provide free education,” he said.

Chegubard disclosed the matter on his blog in a posting dated yesterday.

Previously, he was responsible for exposing the Kota Darul Ehsan arch facelift costing RM9.7 million.

Related Posts

Related Posts

Related Posts

Next Post