KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 26, 2015:
Former MIC treasurer-general Datuk R. Ramanan will file a lawsuit against party president Datuk Seri Dr S. Subramaniam for what he claims as his illegal dismissal from MIC.
According to Ramanan, the dismissal which was made by the party’s Central Working Committee (CWC) was not valid as the the committee was incomplete in terms of numbers.
“Based on the party’s constitution, the CWC must be made up of nine members appointed by the president.
“However, Dr Subramaniam only elected two members and this makes the CWC invalid.
“He used his powers to sack me but this attempt to tarnish my name will not succeed and I will file a lawsuit together with former secretary-general A.K. Ramalingam,” he said at a Press conference, here, today.
Ramanan also said that he received his dismissal letter from a party member prior to the Press conference.
He explained that he had previously heard rumours that he would be sacked, adding that the information was relayed to him by a CWC member.
Earlier, Dr Subramaniam explained that MIC had sacked Ramanan who was also Bukit Bintang division chief based on the latter’s continuous questioning on how the party was handling the break-up within MIC.
The party president said Ramanan had 14 days to appeal his sacking.
Meanwhile, Ramanan who was also a former member of MIC’s CWC denied his involvement or alignment with former president Datuk Seri G. Palanivel in the attack against deputy president Datuk Seri S.K. Devamany recently.
He said he had advised Devamany to exit the MIC headquarters together with the others because there were many unknown individuals present there at the time.
“But Devamany said he was the deputy president, and it (the headquarters) was like being in his own home, so how can it be unsafe for him.
“Let the police investigate the matter. We are politicians, not gangsters,” Ramanan added.