KUALA LUMPUR, Dec 25, 2015:
The suspect believed to be involved in the fire that destroyed six cars near the Taman Jaya LRT station last week has been remanded for another three days.
Petaling Jaya district police chief ACP Mohd Zani Che Din said the suspect is expected to be held until Monday to assist in investigations after the Petaling Jaya magistrate’s court granted an extension of his remand this afternoon.
Mohd Zani said the suspect is also expected to be charged when the the remand period ends.
The 20-year-old suspect, who lives in Pantai Dalam, is believed to be the main suspect behind the arson incident.
In the afternoon incident on Dec 21, six cars were torched after a motorcyclist threw a petrol bomb towards one of the cars.
The motive was said to be jealousy after the suspect’s wife was said to be in a relationship with the owner of the parking lot.
The suspect was said to be in the process of getting a divorce from his wife.
The case was being investigated under Section 435 of the Penal Code for committing mischief by fire or explosive substance.