fbpx

KOTA BARU, Dec 8, 2015:

The Kelantan Fire and Rescue Department has set its response time to one minute after receiving a call during this monsoon season.

Its director Azmi Osman said the response time was set to expedite action to evacuate victims from the improvements made and lessons learned during the major flood in the state last year.

“There will be no further delay after this as there were allegations the agency was slow to act. We have made preparations to be on full alert this year.

“Apart from that, we have also have better coordination with other rescue agencies,” he told reporters at a Kelantan Fire and Rescue Department gathering with the media here last night.

Present were Kelantan Darul Naim Media Club (Kemudi) deputy president Zailani Abd Rahman and 60 media practitioners.

Commenting further, Azmi said the agency had also established a roster for officers and personnel so that rescue operations proceeded smoothly.

“This year, we will ensure our officers and men need not be on duty for 24 hours as it was physically tiring and stressful to firemen.

“Such long sessions actually affected their spirit to assist flood victims,” he said.

In this regard, he advised residents in flood-prone areas especially in Rantau Panjang in Pasir Mas not to obstruct traffic with their ”water festival”.

“When the flood season comes, residents would take the opportunity to have fun playing with water and leave their vehicles all over the road which blocked traffic flow.

“This will only disrupt the job of rescue agencies to carry out operations as we are not only facing floods, even fires can sometimes occur,” he said.

Related Posts

Related Posts


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Module/ModuleViewAbstract.php on line 355

Related Posts

Next Post