KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 12, 2015:

Questions continue to remain unanswered as to whether the remains of slain deputy public prosecutor Kevin Morais would be buried or cremated, 70 days after he went missing.

And the main question is whether his remains would be claimed, and if so when.

This came about following a meeting between the former DPPs’ siblings, investigators and senior officers from the Attorney-General’s Chambers today.

Held at the Sentul police headquarters, Kevin’s younger siblings — Charles, David and Datuk Richard — were all present, accompanied by their respective lawyers.

It was not immediately known why each of them brought along their own legal team.

“I would rather not comment as this is a sensitive issue,” David, who was the first the leave the police headquarters, accompanied by his lawyer who declined to be identified, told The Rakyat Post.

Richard was seen leaving accompanied by two lawyers and he just waved when asked to comment.

Charles, who hails from the United States, later left, accompanied by prominent lawyer Americk Singh Sidhu, and he directed all queries to be referred to his lawyer.

“It was a closed door meeting and it seemed satisfactory,” Americk said.

“At this juncture, it would be inappropriate to say anything.”

While the siblings remain tight-lipped, it was understood no documentation was handed over to the next of kin over Kevin’s death and autopsy.

The documentation — burial and death — would be handed over once the remains are claimed from the Kuala Lumpur Hospital mortuary and there seems to be some concern over this.

With no clear explanation forthcoming over the delay in funeral rites, many questions remain unanswered.

The case against those charged for Kevin’s abduction and murder is scheduled to be heard in two weeks at the Petaling Jaya and the Duta courts.

The mention at the PJ courts is against those facing the murder charge, while the case at Duta would be against them for abduction.

Those charged are Armed Forces pathologist Colonel Dr R. Kunaseegaran, S. Ravi Chandran, G. Gunasekaran, A.K. Thinesh Kumar, S. Nimalan, R. Dinishwaran and M. Viswanath.

Kevin was last seen alive leaving his Menara Duta apartment on Sept 4 and was reported missing the following day when his whereabouts could not be ascertained.

His remains was found cemented in a steel drum dumped into a pond behind the Chee Wen vernacular school in Subang Jaya’s USJ 1.

Police disclosed that Kevin was abducted after a staged accident on the Friday he was leaving for work.

David Morais (left) leaving the Sentul police headquarters today accompanied by his lawyer.
David Morais (left) leaving the Sentul police headquarters today accompanied by his lawyer.

Related Posts

Related Posts

Related Posts

Next Post