fbpx

KOTA KINABALU, Oct 20, 2015:

Chinese tourists, who allegedly posed naked on Sibuan Island off Semporna last week have left Sabah.

Disclosing that they would be working with Interpol and the Immigration Department to track down the tourists involved in the incident, Semporna police chief Superintendent Peter Umbuas said initial investigations revealed that they had taken the photographs for personal use.

“We believe there are a few groups involved, and these photographs were taken between two weeks ago and 2013. Investigation also showed that they had all returned home,” he told The Rakyat Post.

The photographs resurfaced after one Zymal Zam posted them on his Facebook page, pointing out their indecent acts on an island, believed off Semporna, before they became viral on social media.

A 38-year-old man lodged the police report yesterday at 9.47pm, urging the authorities to investigate the four photographs — two showing different women posing with naked men in the background, one of a man posing with three topless women in the background, and one showing five men, all naked, posing in clear water.

“We advise resort operators, freelance tourist guides or dive instructors to advise and teach their tourists on our laws and regulations, and make them understand the sensitivities of the local people,” said Umbuas.

He said the case was investigated under Section 294(a) of the Penal Code for public indecency, an offence punishable by a maximum three months’ jail term, or fine, or both.

Related Posts

Related Posts

Related Posts

Next Post