KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 15, 2015:
The taxi driver who was initially suspected to have been involved in the kidnapping of a five-year-old at Sungai Chuah, Kajang, earlier this month was released today on police bail.
Selangor Crime Investigation Department chief Datuk Mohd Adnan Abdullah said the suspect, who was arrested and remanded for six days since the incident, was released after the remand period ended today.
“Investigations found that the taxi driver was not involved in the case and was released on police bail,” he said when contacted by The Rakyat Post.
In the incident that took place on Oct 9 at 9am, the young boy was kidnapped by two men before being released by his abductors eight hours later, after which the taxi driver sent him home.
The taxi driver was arrested along with three other suspects including a businessman who was believed to be the mastermind in the case.
The other three suspects remain in police custody and will be tried in the Kajang Court at 9am tomorrow.
The case is being investigated under Section 3 (1) of the Kidnapping Act 1961.