SEREMBAN, Oct 15, 2015:
No criminal elements were found in the death of Muhammad Firdaus Dullah, a 16-year-old with disabilities, after the Forensics Department of the Tuanku Jaafar Hospital (HTJ) conducted an autopsy this morning.
Its director, Dr Ariffin Mohamad said the autopsy findings indicated that he had died yesterday afternoon due to a seizure.
“Because of the seizure, he choked on food which is the cause of death,” he told reporters at the hospital here.
Dr Ariffin, however, declined to disclose the type of food eaten by Muhammad Firdaus, which caused him to choke.
“We will be sending food samples to the Chemistry Department to determine the type of food. The report will be known within two weeks,” he said.
Muhammad Firdaus died around 1.15pm due to a seizure while having lunch at Rumah Sinar Harapan Tunku Ampuan Najihah here.
The teenager gained national attention after he was found neglected in an apartment in Taman Putra, Nilai, on June 21 last year, after which he was admitted to the home on Aug 21 and had begun to show improvement, with his last recorded weight being 27kg.
A prayer was held for Muhammad Firdaus at the State Mosque after midday prayers, and he was then laid to rest at the Makam Haji Mohd Said Muslim cemetery.
Meanwhile, in another development, the director-general of the Social Welfare Department, Datuk Zulkefli Ramli said the matter of Muhammad Firdaus’ trust fund would be settled after the funeral.
His department would seek further advice from lawyers regarding the matter.
“Let’s solve things one by one, we are still in the early stages of discussion,” he said.