fbpx

JOHOR BARU, Oct 10, 2015:

Police have arrested four individuals in connection with the botched kidnap-cum-murder of a 22-year-old businessman here.

It was learnt that the four male suspects, aged between 27 and 42, are believed to be linked to the death of Cheung Zi Hong and can shed light on the events that led to his death.

The suspects were picked up at their homes in Taman Ungku Tun Aminah, Skudai and also in Kota Tinggi here on Thursday.

A source, familiar with the investigations, revealed that the suspects were mainly from the northern states, namely Kedah, Penang and Perak.

“They (the suspects) are currently under high-security police custody at the district police headquarters in Skudai pending further investigations.

“Investigators are still looking at several angles into the case and are not dismissing the possibility of further arrests,” said the source today.

It was learnt that the investigating team will produce the suspects at the Johor Baru magistrate’s court tomorrow to obtain a remand order.

Meanwhile, Johor Baru Utara acting police chief Superintendent Beh Eng Lai said police hope to wrap up investigations into the case soon.

However, he declined to reveal the number of suspects arrested pending further investigations, when contacted today.

Last Sunday, Cheung’s body was found in some bushes in Taman Impian in Skudai by the public at 2.40pm.

His death, believed to be from blunt force trauma due to blows from a hard object, was linked to the kidnapping case.

The victim has been described as a young businessman and his family is believed to be very influential in the district.

Initial investigations revealed that the victim had earlier contacted his friend on Sept 28 to inform that he had been abducted and to arrange for RM50,000 for his release.

However, it could not be ascertained if the ransom was paid and how the victim ended up dead.

Police are expected to hold a media conference on the case soon.

Related Posts

Related Posts

Related Posts

Next Post