fbpx

KUALA LUMPUR, June 29, 2015:

A former Selangor Menteri Besar’s aide vowed to fight a court case over the failure to return the RM2.7 million severance pay she and five others received prior to Tan Sri Abdul Khalid Ibrahim’s resignation.

Faekah Husin said this was so as the claims made “were flawed”.

However,the former MBI chief executive officer refused to say anything else.

“Our lawyer advised us not to comment as it might jeopardise the case,”she told The Rakyat Post.

The suit was filed at the Shah Alam High Court on May 11 on grounds that the defendants were not entitled to the compensation.

Apart from Faekah, others named in the suit were Abdul Khalid, Rohani Talib, Arfa’eza Abdul Aziz, Mustapha Mohd Talib, Rahimah Kamarudin, Dr Sulaiman Masri, Abdul Halim Mohamed Yusof and Tuan Nazuri Tuan Ismail.

It was reported that MBI was prepared to drop the suit if they returned the amount that was being demanded.

Faekah had earlier denied any wrong doing with regard to the matter and stated that the letter of demand failed to clearly state what procedures and financial regulations were violated when the payments were made.

On Jan 3, The Rakyat Post reported that Selangor Menteri Besar Mohamed Azmin Ali had given his predecessor’s staff 14 days’ notice to return the “golden handshake” they received through MBI.

The Malaysian Insider had reported that RM2.27 million in compensation and RM376,000 in lieu of three months’ notice were allegedly paid to Khalid’s eight-member staff, with the highest amount of RM695,400 allegedly paid to Faekah.

Abdul Khalid stepped down as Selangor’s MB in August last year.

Related Posts

Related Posts


Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /usr/share/nginx/html/wp-content/themes/jnews/class/Module/ModuleViewAbstract.php on line 355

Related Posts

Next Post