SEMENYIH, April 5, 2015:

Search operations at the site of helicopter crash in Semenyih were called off at 7pm today due to the rainy weather, with 25 items of belongings retrieved.

Selangor police chief Datuk Abdul Samah Mat said among the belongings retrieved were shoes, clothings, a handbag and documents.

“We can’t disclose the details of the documents,” he told reporters here today.

Adding that today’s operations were focused on retrieving belongings and body parts, Abdul Samah revealed that another helicopter was in the air when the ill-fated helicopter crashed.

“The helicopter was 11km close and was from Johor. It was heading to Gombak.

“In fact, the pilot of this helicopter was the one who notified the Subang air traffic control of the crash,” he said.

A total of 122 police personnel, along with Fire and Rescue Department staff, were involved in today’s operations.

The focus of tomorrow’s efforts, to be handled by the Department of Civil Aviation (DCA) and the Transport Ministry, would be to recover the wreckage of the helicopter. This is set to begin at 9am.

“We will also expand the search operations radius to more than today’s 200 metres,” said Abdul Samah.

He said two more bodies had yet to be identified formally although the victims’ families had been notified to identify the bodies tomorrow.

“We have also recorded statements from six members of the public along with two officials from the company connected to the helicopter to assist in investigations,” Abdul Samah said.

When asked where the wreckage would be brought to be inspected to determine the cause of the crash, he said that was up to the DCA to decide.

The privately-owned helicopter was ferrying Rompin Member of Parliament Tan Sri Jamaluddin Jarjis, the Prime Minister’s senior private secretary Datuk Azlin Alias, Jamaluddin’s bodyguard Razakan Seran and SP Baiduri Sdn Bhd chief executive officer Datuk Tan Huat Seang when it crashed at 4.55pm yesterday, killing them all.

The pilot, Captain Clifford William Fournier, and operational assistant Aidana Baizieva, also died in the crash.

Earlier, it was said that the initial report on the crash was expected to be released in seven days.

Related Posts

Related Posts

Related Posts

Next Post