KUALA LUMPUR, April 4, 2015:
Home Minister Datuk Seri Ahmad Zahid Hamidi said he is currently on the way to the site where a civilian helicopter had crashed today.
Stating this via his official Twitter account, Ahmad Zahid added that out of the six people on board the helicopter, five bodies have been recovered so far.
However, in the most recent update, Selangor Fire and Rescue Department confirmed that the sixth victim had been found at 8.15pm underneath the helicopter wreckage.
The helicopter had crashed along Jalan Sungai Lalang in Kampung Pasir Baru, Semenyih this afternoon.
Defence Minister Datuk Seri Hishammuddin Hussein reportedly confirmed to New Straits Times Online (NST Online) that Rompin Member of Parliament Tan Sri Jamaludin Jarjis was on board the crashed helicopter.
“Datuk Seri @HishammuddinH2O confirmed Tan Sri Dr Jamaludin Jarjis was on board the helicopter which crashed at Sg Lalang Semenyih,” read the tweet on NST Online’s Twitter feed.
Bernama reported the crash earlier, quoting a spokesman of the Kajang Fire and Rescue Station, said the station received an emergency call at 4.57pm.
“According to preliminary information received, the helicopter crashed and burst into flames about 4.55pm,” the spokesman was quoted as saying.
Unconfirmed reports had been coming in that a Tan Sri from Pahang, as well as a high-ranking aide of the Prime Minister were among those on board the Aerospatiale 365N2 Dauphin 2 helicopter.
The private-owned helicopter, bearing the registration number 9M-IGB, was said to have been carrying six passengers.
Another unconfirmed report states that the helicopter belonged to Solaire Services, and was on the way from Kuantan to Subang.