Oops! We could not locate your form.Click to close
Adjust Font Size:
KOTA KINABALU, 7 Jan 2017:
An ex-convict was seriously injured after being hit by two shots fired by police during a crime prevention operation in Taman Bukit Setia, Sepanggar near here, early today.
City police chief ACP M.Chandra said prior to the incident around 2am, personnel from Menggatal police station intercepted a car believed to have been used in a robbery in Keningau yesterday.
“Police approached the parked car and noticed a man sitting engrossed in his handphone in the passenger seat. They gestured for the suspect to come out of the vehicle but he refused, forcing police to break the window screen.
“He suddenly turned aggressive and took a cleaver and attempted to slash one of the policemen who fired two shots in defence.”
Chandra said the suspect aged 35 did not possess any identification document and was sent to Queen Elizabeth Hospital where he was treated for injuries in the armpit and ribs – but is reported to be in stable condition.
He said initial investigations revealed the suspect – who was just released from prison in October last year – was believed to have been involved in 12 cases of robbery, house break-ins and vehicle theft around Kota Kinabalu in December, and a house break-in in Keningau yesterday afternoon.
“The car used by the suspect was reported missing at 4am on Thursday at Taman View KKIP, Sepanggar.
“The suspect is believed to be the leader of a criminal group known as Geng Saldi,” he said, adding, police were tracking down other members of the gang.
17 Jan 2017, 07:01PM
25 Aug 2016, 06:08PM
13 Jan 2016, 03:01PM
4 Dec 2015, 03:12PM
24 Sep 2015, 07:09AM