Oops! We could not locate your form.Click to close
Adjust Font Size:
GEORGE TOWN, 5 Jan 2017:
The wife of express bus driver Zakeer Zubir, 33 – who was killed in the road accident in Pagoh, Johor on Dec 24 – claimed there was no second driver for the bus driven by her husband.
Miyarseh Kemat, 33 – who was treated at the Sultanah Fatimah Specialist Hospital Muar before being transferred to Hospital Pulau Pinang here on Dec 28 – said her husband had not dropped off the second driver as claimed by the bus company concerned earlier.
Miyarseh had accompanied her husband following a request by Zakeer as he had to drive a long distance from Penang to Johor and back to Kuala Lumpur.
“Throughout the journey, there was no second driver at all and I had accompanied my husband at his request.
“I also do not remember how the accident happened because I was sleeping at that time and only woke up following the chaos and screams from the people,” said the Indonesian national when met in hospital yesterday.
Earlier, Miyarseh received compensation of RM1,500 from the Penang Social Security Organisation (Socso) manager, Shaharuddin Waled.
Miyarseh also said no representative from the bus company had so far visited her or her husband’s family members to ask how she was or to offer help.
23 Dec 2015, 11:12PM
24 Sep 2015, 07:09AM
8 Aug 2015, 11:08PM
28 Jul 2015, 10:07PM