Oops! We could not locate your form.Click to close
Adjust Font Size:
KUALA LUMPUR, 30 June 2017:
A linkway for pedestrians between KL Sentral and the Muzium Negara Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station will be opened to the public beginning July 17.
The opening of the linkway between KL Sentral and the Muzium Negara MRT station will be carried out simultaneously with the opening of Phase 2 of the MRT-Sungai Buloh-Kajang (MRT SBK) line – involving the Semantan-Kajang route, covering 30 km and 19 stations – by Prime Minister Datuk Seri Najib Razak on the same day.
The launch of Phase 2 will mark the completion of the SBK line, stretching 51km, with more than 500,000 passengers expected to use the service daily.
The first phase of the MRT SBK line, from Sungai Buloh to Semantan involving 12 stations, was in operation since Dec 16 last year.
Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Dr Ali Hamsa said the KL Sentral linkway project, stretching 240m, was built at a cost of only RM50 million and completed in 18 months – six months earlier than scheduled.
“(Prior to this) there was a proposal to build the linkway underground, etc, with an estimated cost of RM380 million. But after taking into consideration the views of Malaysian Resources Corporation Bhd, this project was completed at a cost of RM50 million, with cost saving of about RM330 million.”
Ali, who is also MRT Corporation Sdn Bhd chairman, said the air-conditioned linkway – part of which is underground – was also linked to several other locations, including Menara CIMB, Le Meridien Hotel, Hilton Hotel and Platinum Sentral.
The walking time between KL Sentral and the Muzium Negara MRT station is only about four minutes, he said.
Meanwhile, Ali said the government would look into ways to further improve KL Sentral, which was now too congested.
“The government will discuss with the relevant quarters to find ways to further expand the station or improve existing facilities.”
23 Dec 2015, 11:12PM
24 Sep 2015, 07:09AM
8 Aug 2015, 11:08PM
28 Jul 2015, 10:07PM